Auto Insurance for Columbia, Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC
Including the greater Chesapeake Region
Auto Insurance Quote Request Short Form
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance carrier. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance carrier agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Many states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
Questions to ask the friendly folks at McFarlin Insurance:
We're advocates for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and their ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask us about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim?
Thank you for your interest in McFarlin Insurance Agency, LLP. Experience the McFarlin customer service for yourself. Please feel free to call our office at (410) 312-7800 or email your questions and an insurance professional will reply promptly.
Already a McFarlin Insurance Agency Customer? Click for Policy Management Forms